CF Bites

  • b1eeab00-fd9e-49c7-9369-94b51eaed98f.png
 

 October 21, 2022 
7-11pm

 

The Porter Room at Holy City Brewery

1021 Aragon Ave
North Charleston, SC 29405

 

Help make CF stand for Cure Found by attending a Halloween themed party filled with dancing and spirits benefitting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!
 

Aubin Lentz is the inspiration behind CF Bites. She is a spunky, smart, and sassy five year old little girl that lives in Mount Pleasant. She was diagnosed with CF in December of 2020. She has spent the last two years taking over 13000 enzyme pills to help her body absorb nutrients properly, over 600 hours in her vibrating vest to help keep her lungs clear, and over 1200 doses of a gene modifying drug called Orkambi. To the outside world she looks like any other kindergartner thanks to the advancements in treatment that are all thanks to the hard work and fundraising of the CF Foundation.  
 

Cystic Fibrosis is a progressive genetic disease that affects the lungs, pancreas and other organs.  The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation was started by a group of parents of children with CF in 1955.  During the 1950s, a child with CF rarely lived long enough to attend elementary school. Today, because of the CF Foundation's relentless commitment to furthering CF research, the life expectancy is now in the mid 50s.  Thanks to the CF Foundation there is now medicine that helps to correct the genetic mutation that causes CF.  Although there has been significant progress in treating CF, there is still no cure and too many lives are cut far too short.  There is medication available for 90% of people with CF, the other 10% can only treat the symptoms. Help us join the fight and make CF stand for Cure Found!


Tickets will be $150 and include an open bar, finger foods and a night of dancing to the full band.  All proceeds go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. There will also be a silent auction that can be accessed online. 
 

Thank you in advance for your support and participation to this event, you are helping to make a difference for people living with CF!

To Buy Tickets click 
here or below!


https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cf-bites-tickets-380375692937